If you want to download Interest Certificate and TDS Certificate/Form 16a in HDFC Bank online then this article is for you. You can easily download these using HDFC Net banking and Mobile Banking.
- 1 What is Interest Certificate?
- 2 What is TDS Certificate/Form 16A?
- 3 Requirements of getting Form 16A and Interest Certificate from HDFC bank
- 4 Methods to get TDS certificate/form 16A HDFC bank online
- 5 How to get TDS Certificate from HDFC Bank online?
- 6 How to get HDFC Fixed Deposit Interest Certificate?
- 7 Final Words
What is Interest Certificate?
If you want to know how much interest you have earned on your Saving Account, Fixed Deposits, and Recurring Deposits then for this you can get Interest Certificate from HDFC Bank.
What is TDS Certificate/Form 16A?
On the other hand, to file the Income Tax return (ITR) it is a must to collect all the supportive documents. These documents also include form 16A. The tax deducted on the interest paid/earned is mentioned in this certificate that is why it is also known as TDS. The full form of TDS is Tax Deduction on Source.This document you can collect from your bank where you maintain your account.
But before starting the process to download Interest Certificate from HDFC Bank and TDS certificate you must check for the requirements of this process.
Methods to get TDS certificate/form 16A HDFC bank online
If you are an HDFC Bank customer and seeking to download TDS certificate from HDFC Bank online then you have two options to get HDFC form 16A
- Through HDFC Bank Mobile Banking
- Via HDFC Bank Internet Banking
How to get TDS Certificate from HDFC Bank online?
Earlier for TDS certificate of HDFC Bank, you used to go to Bank Branch. But now you can download it online easily. It saves time and effort both.
Method 1: Download TDS certificate from HDFC bank by using HDFC Mobile Banking
Now you can easily get Form 16A HDFC bank online by using the HDFC Bank Mobile app. You have to follow some below-mentioned steps.
- Login into HDFC official mobile app using Customer ID in HDFC Account and Password
- Tap the “Menu” option available on the top left corner of the home page
- Click on “Your Profile” from the drop-down menu
- Then select the “Tax” option
- Now click on the “TDS summary & TDS certificate” option under “Know Taxes Paid or Deducted“
- Now on the next screen click on “Download Certificate“.
- Here you have to choose Financial Year and Quarter.
- Then click on the “Download” button.
Method 2. How to get TDS Certificate in HDFC Bank using Net banking ?
For downloading TDS certificate of HDFC via Internet banking you need to follow some step-by-step guide given here under
- Now click on “Enquire” option
- A drop-down menu will be appeared select “TDS Enquiry” and choose the “Download TDS Certificate“.
- Now select the Financial Year and Quarter
- Then click on the “Continue” button to download the TDS certificate
How to get HDFC Fixed Deposit Interest Certificate?
You can download HDFC Interest Certificate online through the Internet Banking option. In HDFC Mobile Banking there is no such option available.
Download HDFC Interest Certificate Online through Net Banking
To download hdfc fixed deposit interest certificate you need to follow these few simple steps
- Visit HDFC’s official site
- Login using customer ID and password
- Now click on the “Request” option
- You will appear a drop-down menu among the listed options choose “Download Interest Certificate“
- Select the Account Number, and financial year, and click on the “Download“
These are the methods by which you can download Interest Certificate and TDS Certificate from HDFC bank. Except this the offline method of visiting the bank to get form 16A HDFC bank is always available. If you face any difficulty at any point you can simply call to toll free customer care number of HDFC Bank.